Wednesday, March 3, 2010

TODAY IS FREE BLOG


Well, first I'd like to announce that I'll be posting videos every so often, just for fun. Also, my pants smell funny today. They're brand new, so they smell like dye and fabric, but it's really strong... -_-

Anyway, today I think I'm going to blog about vocaloids and why I like them. It's really the only thing that comes in my mind right now... Firstly, I think they have a really interesting sound. They sing great, but they just don't sound quite human. That makes them interesting to me! Most of them can only sing in japanese, which... is alright with me. Singing is singing, and sometimes it's better if I can't understand what they're saying. There are also english vocaloids, and I love them just as much. Only, their english sounds like their mouth is full of cotton. It really depends on the user, I suppose; sometimes their english is perfect. My favorite vocaloid would have to be Rin Kagamine. Her voice is strong, and light. It really doesn't matter if her user is good or not. She always sounds fabulous.


A common mistake... an UTAU and a vocaloid are very different. I absolutely adore UTAUloids, though! They are essentially fan-made vocaloids. There is a freeware program called UTAU, and anyone in the world can make their own singer! You use samples of your own voice. The most common UTAUloids would be Teto Kasane, and Ruko Yokune. There are countless UTAU out there, and for the most part, they don't sound nearly as smooth as the real vocaloids. They sound very robotic and choppy, but that's something I love most about them. Some of my favorite UTAUloids are Teto Kasane (of course), and Defoko.

My favorite part of the vocaloid/UTAU fandom are the beautiful music videos. Vocaloid is not mainstream, so a majority of the videos and songs are made by fans. Many of them are hand-drawn and just so darn impressive! So much work goes into them, and you can tell. They are very artistic and talented. Another thing I like about the vocaloids, is that in a music video, the characters can play roles like actors in a play.

Rin Kagamine - Kokoro
Volume Warning: It is a music video, after all...


2 comments:

plumbers in telford said...

funky beat not to sure about the singing though

john said...

hi everyone check out the new vocaloid from australia Ange Wayne
http://www.angewayne.com.au