Wednesday, February 17, 2010

TEAHCHRR RTI)SDO



Today I have to write tips to teachers for teaching. Haha, that's a tongue-twister! Tips to teachers for teaching...


My first tip would be... I think it's always nice when a teacher gets to know the students as individuals. That way, you feel like you're friends with your teacher. This is true vice-versa, as well. I think the teacher should tell the students about his or herself. I also think it's important that the teacher has a sense of humor.

My second tip is concerning rewards. I think that students need to have positive feedback for doing well. Maybe a piece of candy or a homework pass, but really anything is good. Even just saying "Oh, good job on your test, Johnny!" or something like that.

My third tip is breaks. I think that there should be some free time during classes. Just a few minutes is nice enough. Also, for Christ sakes... Let the students use the bathroom! I once had a teacher who would take points off your grade for using the bathroom, coughSANTANIELLOcough.

The next tip is about being too strict. Nobody likes a stickler for rules. Don't get all harsh on students for sending a quick text, or chewing some gum. It's not a big deal, and students will only dislike you for doing so.

My last tip is concerning assignments. Don't give your students hours of homework a night, and don't just assign book "busy" work. That's boring, and students will quickly lose interest and start doing something else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those kind of teachers are pretty hard to come by. The world needs more!

Anonymous said...

I love the X-Zibit pictures! YO DAWG I HERD U LIKE BIKES


lolololololol

ALSO. I agree with all of your tips to teachers for teaching. coughSANTANIELLOWASAJERKcough. XDDD